(5 negatives)
for Athena International

Coloured by Hag using a Sci Tex, then called a ‘High End Digital Image Manipulation System’ at Studio 10 London for the exhibition ‘Machine Dreams’. The Sci Text computer and associated hardware (scanners, tape readers/recorders, digital plotters onto  large format transparency film) cost around £1 million but pales to insignificance compered with what we all use now.

Hag digitally coloured four of his pictures for this first digital imaging exhibition at ‘The Photographers Gallery’ London UK in 1989.

‘Nothing much exists but energy. If you remove the spaces from a humans atoms then what is left, actual substance, mass, would fit on a pin head. Mass only accounts for 0.01% of what we can sense, (i.e. see, hear, smell and feel.) The rest – 99.99% is energy. This is the energy that is released when a nuclear bomb explodes, a bit of a big bang. The fuel that powers the sun and allows us to survive. What our brain perceives as things – stuff – tables, chairs, the smell of freshly baked bread, sunsets, fire and water, hot and cold, are the subtle fluctuations and movements of energy.’           ( from the book ‘How Things Are’)

This tinted version is not found in the book ‘How Things Are’

Combination print created by Hag by Combination printing.  Surreal photography.

Alphabetical Image Index & More

Verified by MonsterInsights